How Affirm works for attendees
- Attendee selects “Monthly Payments with Affirm” and “Continue to Affirm” on Eventbrite’s checkout flow
- Affirm asks for attendee name, email, mobile or VOIP number, and last 4 digits of SSN to verify attendee identity and make a credit decision (some attendees may be asked to provide additional information before receiving a credit decision)
- Affirm immediately sends security code via text message to attendee’s phone. Attendee enters the code to verify their identity
- Affirm makes a real-time credit decision. If approved, attendee is presented with the approved loan amount, available monthly payment options, and other key loan terms (e.g., APR, amount of interest, and down payment requirement, if any)
- Attendee selects months to pay off loan (3 or 6) and confirms the loan and completes their Eventbrite order*
- Attendee makes payments to Affirm every month
*Rates from 10-30% APR.
What is APR? Is that the interest I’ll be charged for my loan?
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is the industry’s standard way of expressing the yearly interest rate you pay on financed items.
- Your APR is based on the amount and timing of your payments, and varies based on your creditworthiness.
- APR is not a simple calculation. We recommend you use Affirm’s APR calculator to understand your total finance charge: affirm.com/apr-calculator/
Why do attendees get declined? What should I do?
- Affirm strives to offer all creditworthy applicants financing, but they aren’t able to approve every loan application.
- If Affirm isn’t able to approve an application, Affirm will immediately notify the applicant of the decision and denial reason via a secured message.
For further assistance, applicants can reach out to Affirm’s customer care team at email@example.com